If you are from the EU you do not need a visa to study in the UK. If you are from outside the EU you may or may not be required to have a visa to enter the UK. If a visa is given to you on entry you will not be able to extend it without leaving the country. If you apply for a student visa at a British consulate before you arrive in the UK, however, you will be able to extend it without leaving the UK. But be aware, it is very expensive to extend your visa!

Please note: Roots Language & Travel is not a visa agency - we cannot help you get a visa unless you are enrolling on a course at a Cambridge language school through Roots.

Official British Government visa advice

© Roots Travel 2010